Entry #1: One toe in...
I am very new to the whole blogging arena. Starting off as a
new blogger I really have to ask myself, what do I think about blogs? I’ll start
with what I know about blogs, nothing. I know that blogs are an account of
people's lives, short stories about daily life, informative stores, tasty recipes, or complete
nonsense. That small amount of knowledge only scratches the surface when it comes
to the vast world of blogs. I only have one toe in the icy, near endless,
waters of the blogging internet space.
With that in mind, I realize that I need to gain some
experience. I need to educate myself on the inner workings of blogs and I think
the best way to do that is to review how other people blog. I need to see what
works, what I like and what I don’t like, in order to be a more effective
blogger.
The first blog on my list (Chosen randomly from The Top 50 Blogger Blogs) is called Althouse. The blog is written by The University of
Wisconsin Law School’s professor Ann Althouse. Ann writes mostly about topics
related to law and policy. I really like how she presents a topic and gives
links and information about it but she doesn’t offer very much opinion based writing,
instead she goes for the inquisitive “what do you think?” approach. This tactic
allows her readers to discuss and present ideas of their own in the comment
section.
The next blog on my list is one that is more relevant to my
blog but is very formal and would be considered more of a professional
blog. It is called the Medical LabAcademy and it is a site/blog dedicated to helping medical technicians pass
their certification exams. The blog is very well done and uses common language
that is professional but not overly academic. It interests me personally and
there is a lot of useful information presented but it does not reflect how I
want my blog to be. The content is targeted to a specific audience and does not
allow outsiders a casual approach to lab science.
The last blog that I will be looking at is called Indexed.
This blog was definitely my favorite. The blog is entirely made up of posts written
on index cards. These small cartoons are often very humorous and provide great
entertainment. The cards have charts or graphs on them and usually provide a
sarcastic view on life circumstances.
After reviewing these blogs I think I got a better sense of
what blogging is all about. The authors on these pages were really passionate
about what they wrote even though each blog had a different voice and audience.
I think I can use what I saw and read to help shape my blog and make it
informative, entertaining, and enjoyable.
I like that you are using what you found within other blogs to help you better your own blog. -Rebekah Bivens
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your blog so much! I didn't even wanna stop reading. I feel like your blog is going to be very successful. Keep up the great work!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your blog. Adding some humor, mad your blog fun to read.
ReplyDelete