The show holds a lot of promise and i am excited to see what Bill has to teach this time around. My only concerns for this show are politically based. I hope that politics don't factor into the show. Bill Nye has been attacked recently on the political forefront. However, it is important to note the consequences and applications of scientific research. I just hope Bill can stay objective enough to sway his political enemies.
The small segment of his show that I did see had to do with alternative medicine and the placebo effect. He very eloquently demonstrated how alternative medicines are continually proven not to work scientifically, while also touching on the placebo affect to explain why so many people believe otherwise despite the research. he proposes that many people believe that alternative medicine works simply because they believe it will work and thanks to the placebo effect they mentally trick their bodies into feeling better.

This is cool! I didn't know. Guess what my kids are going to watch this summer?!
ReplyDelete