Sunday, March 5, 2017

Entry #9 Play on Foods?

Take a look at the video below. It is titled "Fresh Guacamole" and it was made by director/producer PES (Adam Pesapane). It was nominated for an Academy Award in best animated short.


The video uses stop motion to show the process of making food using non food objects like baseballs and dice. While the video doesn't necessarily contain social commentary on the food industry, I still found it to be an entertaining short film that uses play on words and pun style humor. If I were to psycho analyze the short film i could say that its a commentary on how food is not always as real or as fresh as we think it is. Overall though I think its a nice break from the depressing doom and gloom from my previous food related posts. If you have the chance take a second to view some of the other shorts by PES(I have included them at the bottom of this post). Like Fresh Guacamole the videos are a nice break from the daily routine.






No comments:

Post a Comment